Q: How long does it take to get a flipper?|
Most flippers are made and delivered the same day. It takes 1-2 hours to make a flipper. The exact time varies depending on the amount of regular dental patients scheduled on any given day.
Q: What lab do you use to make the flipper?
We donít use a lab. Dr. Smith makes each flipper by hand with his own self-developed clasp design.
Q: Will my child be able to talk with it?
Yes. Dr. Smithís design is very lightweight and doesnít go over the roof of the mouth. Your child will adjust to it and be able to speak normally within minutes.
Q: What happens when the teeth grow in?
Dr. Smith is able to adjust the flipper as teeth grow in. Every flipper comes with 3 adjustments, which is enough to allow teeth to grow in without issue.
Q: What is the process to get a flipper?
- Call our office to make an appointment.
- We take an alginate impression of your childís teeth.
- The doctor matches the shade of the tooth or teeth.
- Dr. Smith makes the flipper.
- Dr. Smith makes any necessary adjustments for a perfect fit.
- Dr. Smith goes over the care of your flipper, and you're done!
- Call the office when you need an adjustment.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and cash. We are unable to accept checks for flippers or other cosmetic work.
Q: How do I go about handling payment for a flipper if my child needs it during a production?
You should ask the production company if they will pay for it. If the production company is paying for the flipper, they can call our office to make payment arrangements and send us the necessary paperwork.